View Single Post
Unread 06/22/2018, 05:05 PM   #461
ReefKeeper64
Wanna be a reefkeeper

I have less than a year under my belt using ozone but I may have a few suggestions for you.

It makes a big difference where your ORP probe is placed in comparison to where your ozone injection is. I had the probe sampling water in a remote refugium initially and the numbers didn't move quickly. It took much more time as it dissipates. Moved it into the sump and just down stream of where the ozone exits the skimmer and immediately saw much higher values when ozone was on. Then the values would drop quickly when turned off. If the probe isn't near your source, your numbers tend to reflect the fact that the ozone depletes quickly and the overall tank (and refugium) isn't really getting inundated with ozone.

If you take your skimmer cover off while ozone is running, you should be able to smell the ozone. Its a very noticeable smell.

At what level do you have your controller set to turn off your ozone? I'd check that.