View Single Post
Unread 03/21/2019, 06:55 PM   #1087
ReefWreak
Registered Member

I didn't mean to come off as too rude about the gamification, it's just turned into such a huge thing now, and is effectively gambling called something more family friendly. It also annoys me because it's in all of the games that people play these days too, to incorporate that gambling high. I bet soulpatch knows from his Xbox experiences.

Anyway, you got a nice haul. The shades of fall is known to be a spectacular coral. The other two acros I've never heard of before but I'm glad you're already enjoying the colors. The rainbow pocci should be very nice as well, and looks good and is an easy coral and good grower. Same as the purple.

The reason I don't like the boxes is because I'd be mad if I got pocillapora (and two of them!) Having had them spawn in my tank and grow everywhere as mini colonies. But it does give you a nice mixture of interesting corals for a solid price, and it really makes sense for you since you don't have a lot of prolific reefers local to you. Around here with $200 and a 30 minute car ride, I'd have all A list (okay, fine, A- list since WD/homewrecker are $100/each and you'd only have 2 corals then) corals, plus a freebie. But I think given the geography it makes sense. And I still like battlecorals and their reputation is well deserved.

Your tank is looking really good. I see the algae (or is it dinos) on the rock, but the corals and anemones look very healthy and colorful. The growth on your current birdsnest/Stylo/poccilopora looks good considering it's fighting with the monti, and that you've been trying various things to reduce your algae. No rush to grow monster corals that suck up nutrients and ca/alk.

I still keep in touch with Rakie from when we all had nanos, and he predominantly just still has spectacularly colored small frags instead of growing them into larger colonies, so as with everything in reefing, there are many different ways to succeed and success means different things to different people.

ReefWreak is offline   Reply With Quote