View Single Post
Unread 08/12/2017, 05:03 PM   #11
Nixy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasCamel View Post
What are you guys carrying around? I pick a task, a lens and go mess around. Bought a camera backpack for hikes. Mirrorless is interesting, already have my phone for 90% of tasks.

So for the biggest thing I've noticed is the amount of light captured is incredible. Want to find a nice clear dark area and take some night time sky shots now.

When I first went mirrorless I got a LUMIX G5 and then a LUMIX GH3. I started buying Panasonic/Leica and Olympus/Zuiko lenses because they are interchangeable with these 2 brands. I was waiting for the LUMIX GH5 to come out earlier this year and I was at a photography convention and started playing with Olympus. I ended up getting the Olympus OMD EM1 Mark II. I LOVE it!!! And I can use all the lenses I have accumulated these past years. It's an amazing little thing. I shoot pet photography as my second job and it does a Beautiful job. I just recently added a 60mm macro lens to my lineup so I can take shots of my tank. (Just started tank 3 weeks ago).

I have also done Astro photography and star trails and the em1MII has a function called live composite. So cool! I don't have to take 100+ images of the sky and stack them if I'm doing star trails. The image is created in camera. You should read about it.

I'm babbling!

I love the lightness and flexibility of the mirrorless especially when I'm out and about.

At this point nothing is going to beat the image quality of a full frame BUT things are getting really close and not as discernible to most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"Just sitting and watching my tank like it's a TV."

Current Tank Info: 16G Nano Reef. Started 7-22-2017
Nixy is offline   Reply With Quote