View Single Post
Unread 05/09/2017, 12:51 PM   #9379
uncleof6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweissma View Post
I have a 60g cube with an overflow box from Exotic Marine Systems. It's similar to the Ghost overflow. I reduce the siphon to 3/4" and the open channel and emergency at 1". My sump is high on a shelf in my basement giving about 7 feet drop from the water surface. Siphon starts quickly, reliably and without any trouble. It takes less than a minute. Water fills to the emergency drain. After about the 10 seconds the siphon starts and pulls water down below the open channel. Then the water gradually rises back up to the open channel.

I'm considering putting a manifold on the siphon to run two Avast Marine reactors, a small spyglass reactor with very minimal flow and one of their small sized standard regular reactors running biopellets. The flow through the biopellets needs to be a bit more substantial.

I'm wondering if the manifold will create problems for system startup. All help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Yes it will create problems for the startup. All three standpipes must be discrete, and go directly to the sump. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. If needing to feed "reactors" feed them from a tee in the return line, or run them on a separate pump... or simply eliminate them from the system altogether, considering the choice of reactors you have made.

Current Tank Info: 325 6' wide Reef
uncleof6 is offline   Reply With Quote