View Single Post
Unread 11/23/2009, 12:28 PM   #595
nrosdal
Registered Member

hey guys, hopefully some of you are still subscribed and can offer some advise. i just made my first box and remarkably it holds water.... a good thing, but i do have quite a few bubbles in the seams as welll as i had a big problem controling the flow of bonding agent as i was aplying it. i was just curious if pure methyline chloride is thinner the say weld on 3 or 4 and that is why it is coming out of my bottle so fast or if it is purely my incompotance.

another question for you all is on polishing the seams after they are trimmed off with router. i have a few different wheels and a white and a rouge compound and they will do a great job but only after i hit it with 600grit sand paper. do you guys sand the exposed ends before polishing them or just hit it with the buffer right away? or with a flame? haven't tried the flame yet... but wasnt sure if it was the correct thing to do on a structural seam.

one more: can anyone give me their recipe for their non weld on bonding agent? all my supplier carries is methyline chloride and weld on 16 and the meth seems to be very fast and i am hoping that is why there is bubbles and excess runoff on my project. so if anyone has a measured mix that they often use with success that would be great.

ps: thread was a great read as was marcs website.... i feel so much smarter now... thanks for all the info so far.

Thanks

Nick

Last edited by nrosdal; 11/23/2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: i cant spell :)
nrosdal is offline   Reply With Quote