View Single Post
Unread 06/11/2005, 11:34 AM   #171
adrinal
Moved On

I can't afford to send them to everyone Here is a link for you though.
http://www.healthpointproducts.com/index.html

There is a 25 buck min. Thats about 8 boxes you need to figure out.

Here is a few things that Melv and I think about the pins so far:

- We both like the accupuncture needles
- We both think the .18 might be a bit thin. But we don't know if the .22 or .25 are too big.
- I felt the 40mm were too long in many cases. I am a slob and I need the tool to complensate for my lack of grace. This next order I will get either 15mm (1/2") or the 30mm needles, max.
- I don't build stuff often, but when I do I make as many tanks as possible. I have enough space to do 4 at a time. I use lots of needles at once The best method so far is to pull the needles and drop them right into a tupperware. You need to clean the needles off before the next time you use them. They will have solvant residue on them... well, perhaps that would melt again, but I clean them off any how.
-melv prefered the solid handles on the Sharp brand.
-occasionally I whipped out a small .16 to pop a bubble before pulling the pin. But, i found in most cases the bubbles go away anyhow when I drop the sides (pull the pins). There was a few bubbles I regret not popping, but I cant always know when poping it will make it worse or better, so I gave up doing that.

I wish I had got acupuncture needles from the start. I wasted enough money on guitar strings and the smallest guage crud from the hardware stores I could find.

If your going to make any order at all i highly suggest at least one box of .20 Sharp 30mm. I am not sure those are the best, but I guess thats what will work best for most folks. We are still in the experiment phaze.

8 boxes should easly fill out your club with "pins" for the average diyer.

adrinal is offline   Reply With Quote