View Single Post
Unread 08/14/2011, 01:08 PM   #151
Finsky
Registered Member

I have a five foot 125 mixed reef and the two 3,250 gph Koralia Hydor 8 circulating pumps was one of the best things I did for my aquarium.

I have one 6" under the surface in the upper left end three inches from the front facing slightly upward towards the opposite back right corner.

I have a second 6" under the surface in the upper right end three inches from the front facing slightly upward towards the opposite back left corner.

These two currents crash into as well as flow through/past the opposing Hydor 8's current gives the water:

"Laminar flow straight, unidirectional flow, like that produced from a powerhead, or at the latter stages of a wave whose energy has been channeled in one direction by the reef.

Surge is similar, only on a larger scale. To an observer viewing a school of fish, surge is when the school remains in the same pocket of water, but due to surge, the pocket of water and the school of fish suddenly move six feet in one direction, and just as quickly move back.

Turbulence: Turbulence is the random flow of water in multiple directions. Of the three flow patterns, turbulence is the most desirable and the most difficult to produce."

My two red rose bubble tips and two green bubble tips along with various lps and sps corals, zoanthus, mushrooms, two maxima and two crocea clams along with my various tangs, mated pair of tomato clowns, damsels, etc. much health.

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef - 250 lbs of live rock, Rena XP4, two Hydor Koralia 3250s, Aqua-Medic Tuboflotor multi 1000 skimmer - Two 60" Marineland Reef Capable LEDs - 8 1/2 years
Finsky is offline   Reply With Quote