View Single Post
Unread 02/21/2015, 06:31 PM   #95
rgulrich
greybeard

At least I didn't spot a Northern Stargazer on the list...heh! Although, I have to admit, it sure would be interesting as all heck to have one in a species tank...
I remember wading through the mud flats on the backside of Ocean Isle N. Carolina as a kid at low tide, picking up an old boot sitting drying in the mud and dumping it into a bucket. Out flops an Oyster Toadfish/Opsanus tau just about the same size as the boot. That one was pretty neat, too. If I didn't have a big reef of pretty, flashy fish, I'd probably have a kiddie wading pool of a mud flat with fiddler crabs and these, among other things....you're having fun with this, I can tell!

We actually went tubing down the Patapsco a few times this past summer - harassing the fish and the watersnakes. Of course, there were the few portage requirements, but it was fun nonetheless. I live within hiking distance of the State Park, and made the trip many times to hike down and then along the river with a backpack lunch. Great area.

Enjoy the shoveling tomorrow - it might just be slush by then, but we'll probably be out in it as well with the old Kabota to clear the lane before it freezes over.

Current Tank Info: 360 degree walk around 300 DD island–4 300W & 2 165W ViparSpectra, 4 Kessil A350W, 2 A360WE, 3 XF150, 1 XF250, 1 XF350 Gyre along with 2 PP40 and 2 IceCap 3K gyre for robust current. Basement 150 gallon RubberMaid sump, SKIMZ skimmer, DCP18000
rgulrich is offline   Reply With Quote