View Single Post
Unread 12/07/2017, 01:21 PM   #225
saf1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanu View Post
Indeed the dejongi is caught up in complicated politics. I'm lucky to live in the Netherlands and have good contacts with the importer of these fish, De Jong Marinelife. They are now setting up a huge collection station in Cuba and are planning to export directly worldwide. No USA unfortunately. Hopefully these trade embargos will loosen in some time.
Agreed - I'm sure it will all work out. There are also a few possibilities about captive breeding. In either case not a fish I will own for a while especially due to the price tag (but I can dream and admire others who do own it).

Quote:
Good to see fellow divers here. Do you have any recommendations for my next dive?
I live in Northern California so mostly dive in the cold waters which is a big turn off for many. Having said that some of the best diving in the world can be found in Monterey (my opinion). You won't see SPS or LPS corals but you will dive through kelp forests and see some amazing color with various rock, macro algae, and wild life. It truly is amazing to dive here when the visibility is good. Beach or boat you can't go wrong. Point Lobos is one great area, Monastery beach another with sheer depth and 100 ft tall kelp raising from the sea floor (but also properly named due to accessibility (advanced divers only recommended)) - but the water like I mentioned can be a big turn off with temps ranging between 49 to 56 or so degrees Fahrenheit.

Sounds like you have been to the areas I've been to Since I have not traveled much lately my previous places include the Caribbean, drift diving in Cozumel. Costa Mia and Hawaii are also worth it. Hawaii can be a bit tricky with expectations but I've enjoyed it. Then again anytime the water is warm I'm happy.

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon mixed reef
saf1 is offline   Reply With Quote