View Single Post
Unread 03/10/2012, 09:25 PM   #525
gbru316
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dread240 View Post
I'd have to do a bit of reading on how they work. Quite honestly from what I had seen previously was that you had to cycle through all of them and couldn't command a single pin to do one thing or another. if you can then it's not a huge deal to turn one pin off and then turn the second one on in the very next line of code. Would probably happen so fast your eye couldn't even notice it.

I guess I'll order one of them too on my next purchase. I'm still waiting for my .1 ohm resistors to come in so I can actually have a fully functioning dimmer circuit on the breadboard to videotape :-P
See edit; I'm not 100% sure that chip will handle the current we need it to.

That IC has a control pin for every switch, so I'm assuming you can control them independently.

Sort of off topic, I may have acquired a $1500 4pst teledyne TTL controlled RF switch from work. The fourth port sticks, but since I wouldn't be using it for RF, return loss and attenuation don't really matter so I might crack it open and see if I can free it up.

I played around with it briefly and there is no DC blocking, so I might be able to find a use for it. Just gotta give it some time to see if the powers that be want to send it back or anything.

gbru316 is offline   Reply With Quote