View Single Post
Unread 02/27/2018, 06:57 AM   #14
JDT1234
Registered Member

Sorry gang. Been out of town on business and catching a breath to stay in touch. Thanks again for all your help.

Cooper tests. Yes I will look into that.

Chasing numbers....probably. The tests and forums trap you (especially new guys) into doing that. I will relax on the numbers and concentrate on what is actually happening in the tank. Strive for consistency.

I did have the opportunity to get an hours worth of my LFS time since he wasn't busy and we tested my water, both fresh batch and current tank water and talked about what was happening in the tank in general.

His tests prove my kits are good since we have the same readings. Fresh batch matches what the container it comes out of says it should, tank water readings drop as mentioned in previous entries.

His suggestion was precipitation. Since my CA and ALK readings are low in the tank (but consistent at 380 CA and 7.0 ALK) and MG stays consistent and where it should be according to the container, his suggestion is to raise the MG up to 1400 in hopes the CA and ALK will follow in same and increase.

Not chasing numbers Uncle, but still trying to understand why I could not get those two parameters to raise up with fresh water.

Does that suggestion make sense??

JDT1234 is offline   Reply With Quote