View Single Post
Unread 06/18/2016, 01:01 PM   #36
tenurepro
Registered Member

So tank is all clear now - here is a pick of the aquascape

Wanted to have a nice sps shelf up top and some bottom places for LPS. Lots of overhangs to create some shady areas for the corals that don't need much light. The 3" Fiji pink live sand is for my sand dwelling critters (cuc, conch, pistol shrimp and goby, and wrasse). Not blowing around which I am happy with

Sump has vectra, bubble magus curve a5 and phosban reactor running phosban.

Have to do a bit of a fix on the vectra reefer soft connection... Very slow leak that I am hoping to fix with some cable ties. But happy to report that the vectra is significantly quieter than dct4000 in my system. It's not silent but the sound it makes is very low and close to ambient noise in my house (vs dct4000 which had a high pitched whine that I could hear anywhere in the main floor).

Water cleared up really well and filter socks are doing a good job of polishing water. Tested water this morning and it's looking really good (but a bit early)... Ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 0 phosphates 0; ph 8, salinity a bit low at 27... Tempted to add a little hermit crab to test out the water. Dry rock was already cycled and added 3 large live rocks from my established nano, so hopefully that will help keep water free of ammonia and nitrites...

Thinking that I'll be able to transfer livestock from my 30g to the reefer in a week if water is still good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenurepro is offline   Reply With Quote