View Single Post
Unread 06/21/2016, 09:12 PM   #39
tenurepro
Registered Member

A few updates
1) managed to get 3/4" male / hose adaptor on the reefer return plumbing. It took 3 attempts. What worked best is to take the o ring from the original male / 5/8" hose fitting, put a few layers of 3mm pink Teflon tape on the threads. Leak free connection to 3/4" adaptor on my vectra hardplumbing. Yay!

2) added lights and mp10... Tank is pretty tranquil! Love that I can control light and water flow with my phone (reeflink is pretty buggy and slow but once it's set up, it's easy to use) tank is pretty quite. So glad I went with vectra. I am sitting on my living couch beside the tank and the loudest noise I hear is my neighbor's AC fan. The mp10 is good in there. Even at 100%, it's not blowing my Fiji pink sand which I was worried about. May end up dialing up the tunze 6045 once I get corals in and get a better sense of flow. May also turn up vectra which is running at about 30%

The only thorn in my side is the curve a5... It's making like a bottle of champagne and overflowing like its 1999. Tried soaking it in vinegar but nothing working so far. I am just letting it run with the hose connection open, returning bubbly water to sump. I am guessing this is the dreaded breaking period everyone talks about! But I wonder if the biomagnet clarifier that came with the sand is partly to blame?

3) parameters and livestock
Water is clean 4 days in a row; 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates, 0 phosphates... I threw a little frozen shrimp two days ago, so seems like my cured dry rock and the two live rock from my nano are doing their job. A little red feather duster that hitch-hiked on my live rock is alive and well, and so are some pods that have been running across my live rock (pod on bottom left, feather duster on top right- sorry for crappy pics... Phone!)
Encouraged by the water quality, I threw in a blue legged hermit crab in the reefer... If he is alive tomorrow, then I'll add a couple of snails, and if they are alive by the weekend, then I'll start moving some of the fish from my nano
... Getting there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenurepro is offline   Reply With Quote