View Single Post
Unread 02/04/2011, 12:31 AM   #63
nightOwl
Premium Member

cilyjr,
Thanks for the heads up on the mag floats with the blade attachment. I was wondering why the blades on the ones that came with the tank were all rusty and brittle. I think this hobby has taught me stainless steel will rust no matter what if the salt water is not rinsed off immediately. Hopefully the limited access will not have an big impact on the viewing.

myaerica,
Welcome the build party. Please post pictures of yours if you get a chance. What type of access will you be adding?

Updates- General
I stopped by a local fish store today and saw two new potential utility fish to add to my list. I had looked at the Copperband Butterfly initially for aptasia control, but after more research on it excluded it. From what I had read they sometimes slow starve to death once all the aptasia is gone. I saw a Kliens Butterfly (Chaetodon Kleini) today and plan on doing some more research but things are looking promising for adding it to the list. I have read they can be nippers but for the most part are model citizens. The other fish I saw was a full grown
Yellow Wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus). As a juvenile I was not impressed but the adults are flashy . I will have to research more on both of these. They are known to eat nuisance pests. One of my goals of the new tank is to have fish and other critters with specific functions to earn their keep not just look pretty...lol.

My drill bits were attempted to be delivered today and I missed them so tomorrow I will pick them up. Once I have them I can see if it will be easy to drill a 1 - 1/2" hole for the bulkheads or just use the 1" that are already on the tank.