View Single Post
Unread 03/29/2020, 10:59 AM   #20
Zionas
Registered Member

What do you think of the other dwarf angels (in terms of suitability / hardiness and swimming space required) like the Flame, Rusty, Midnight, Half Black, or any of the pygmies / Fisher’s?

I also plan to get a bit creative and feed them some chopped live seafood every once in a while. That’s means taking a trip to the seafood market and buying some clams, mussels, small fish, and small shrimp, maybe scallops. What do you think?

And then of course there’s the typical flake and pellet food, both plant based and meaty. Frozen foods that I plan to feed will include the formulated frozen food for angels and butterflies, as well as brine shrimp and mysis shrimp pastes / sticks / eggs / whatever I can find. Maybe even some freeze dried bloodworms.

Fish I’ll be adding before the dwarf angel (not finalized): a pair of Ocellaris Clowns, a basslet or two (either Royal Gramma / Swissguard, if 2 Basslets I am even looking at RG+a Yellow Assessor or Yellow Assessor + MacNeill’s or Randall’s Assessor), a choice between a Hawkfish or a YWG (undecided), and then maybe even 2-3 Azure or Talbot’s Damsels.

My current planned tank is 85 gallons and 3 foot wide but I am considering a custom made 115 gallon tank. Would 7-8 fish be overstocked for either scenario?

Zionas is offline   Reply With Quote