View Single Post
Unread 07/07/2007, 11:05 PM   #26
Peter Eichler
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Springmo
This is a great list.

Along the same lines as the red coris, I was a little surprised to see the dragon wrasse as needing a 200+ gallon tank. Acquired when small, they don't seem to attain the size of large wild specimens even after many years. What about the harlequin tuskfish? They seem like they belong in 200+ gallon tanks.

200+ gallons was originally just a rough estimate and some of the species I was judging on potential size. It's good that people are noticing these two wrasses IMO though. Them along with Panther Groups and Emperor Snappers are the fish that are most often put in inappropriate sized aquariums. They're also the fish most commonly seen as cute little juvenilles. I'll make some notes on those two wrasses to reflect your concerns when I edit the list.

As for the Harlequin Tusk, they reach a max. length of about 1' as far as I know and are probably less deserving of the list than the Red Corisa and Dragon Wrasse (I need to make some notes about the scientific names as well), especially when you consider their demeanor.

I happy that people are having some problems with things on the list rather than things I missed. So far it seems that I was pretty thorough.

Peter Eichler is offline   Reply With Quote