View Single Post
Unread 06/17/2019, 11:57 AM   #22
Small Heavens
In Memoriam

Hi again guys

Y'all are ignoring the allelopathy because you want to create what you want to see, isn't that right?

Minh, your specimens are wonderful and if you had a more beneficial social understanding you would get more recognition but you are too arrogant and I don't intend to endorse that. I am happily retired, globally among the 3% riches and living in denmark, having huge tanks is actually not that uncommon here. I just don't have any need to keep a large tank, so I do not care to comment much because I know many of you here will have nothing to say to me but LARGE TANK IS REX (lol what do you think is actually causing all those instability crashes that you fear so?).

Listen ThRoewer, you might have treated Nems and seen them recover but guessing that it was then your treatment working, that is not knowledge that is [your guess is as good as mine].

No antibiotics is approved by the FDA for ornamental marine trade, so you getting all in my face about how it factually helps anything here, is somewhat over the top. Anything sold directly as antibiotics to ornamental marine trade, might actually just be fake, the FDA reminds you to be aware of that as well.

Anemones are highly antifungal and antibiotic in themselves and they, have, beneficial bacteria, on them.

The clownfishes that gets to mix their slimecoat with wild nems, transfer these beneficial bacteria to their own body cultures and this makes them ..better...at...combatting... bad..bacteria...

Guys, when you give Nems antibiotics, you do realise that you are killing its own bacteria as well, RIGHT?

Ah well, to people who are reading and not necessarily ready to bomb every deflated tentacle with antibiotics just yet; newly moved Nems take their time, like putting up a tent in a new location. Somebody just took their tent from where it WAS and nobody pulled down their tent for them, so they gotta do it all themselves and put it back up again so it fits the new water flow and it takes time. Try to make sure that you have time to keep the Nem under observation and adjust the light to provoke a response if the Nem deflates so much that there is no water left in the tentacles and it does not refresh water within a few minutes.

The trick is, all it takes is a few minutes before the rotting sets in. If you all go to work while dosing these things, you might arrest development of bacteria that would have otherwise killed the Anemone but you then only needed to do so because you try to tend to something by not being there to actually tend to it.

~ regarding the allelopathy....

Let's say, a human lived for YEARS in a coal mine, deep deep down. Fine, great, good for you, you are doing something right. On the other hand, you don't need to keep your pets in poison soups, even with aggressive skimming, and anybody have the right to feel and express that. I just did and I am sorry if I offended anybody but I do mean to encourage y'all to start up on a treatment line that is more focused on stressfree environments and time, than on using antibiotics as precaution.

Last edited by Small Heavens; 06/17/2019 at 12:16 PM.
Small Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote