View Single Post
Unread 01/17/2018, 02:12 PM   #3
DeepBlueSea
Registered Member

Week 3 -

Aiptasia few and far between to the naked eye. Can't say I can even find one in the 29 gal system. Haven't even seen a berghia in a few days in there.

I move rock that was in the 29'r sump to the 10gal. The 10 gal is now almost filled with rock. Again, very little aiptasia remain.

Today I witnessed 2 berghia intertwined and mating, and another slugging along the glass. All of them were a dark grey/white in color, which I believe suggests they are well fed as I read that if they are stark white, they haven't been eating enough. (not sure if that's true or not... it is the internet you know)

Overall, I continue to be pleased with my purchase. As I said above... purchasing 10 of these may have been overkill for my small system OR maybe it was the right way of doing it.

Time will be tell-all... Eventually, with little or no food left in the system, these suckers are going to die. When they do... Will I or Won't I have an aiptasia explosion again? That will be the final verdict.

However, right now I'm enjoying looking in this relatively new system and not seeing aiptasia growing.

DeepBlueSea is offline   Reply With Quote