View Single Post
Unread 07/26/2020, 06:37 PM   #84
hhaase
Registered Member

Noticing the Monti is looking a bit bleached around the edges. I had been dosing kalk for a bit, but cut that off when my calcium tests were through the roof. Unfortunately I am left with being alkalinity deficient in the tank. Only 9 dkh at the moment, and Ph is just a hair lower than I'd like as well. So I started dosing the alkalinity part of the 2-part as of today. I'm sure it will take me a while to dial in the dosing. Starting with 1 cup of baking soda per gallon of water in the mixture, 15ml of mixture twice a day. The monti frag was also big enough that I split it in two. One piece went higher in the tank, the other went lower, to try and find what it wants for lighting.

ATO is also running with a temporary setup. The Avast pressure style sensor is feeding water level info to the Profilux, and an aqualifter pump provides the water as needed. Until I get confident in the system I'm only feeding water from a 5 gallon jug next to the sump. This way if things go haywire I don't have much risk. The only issues I'm having so far is running out of water in that jug. Assuming it keeps working well, I'll order a second powerbar to put in the water room, and connect the aqualifter to the lower tank. That will probably end up being my RO/DI tank since it's mounted lower and I don't have to worry about accidentally overfilling the sump due to a siphon.

Current Tank Info: Slowly stocking up 150 gallons, only a little livestock right now.
hhaase is offline   Reply With Quote