Thread: TDS Creep
View Single Post
Unread 05/13/2011, 09:31 AM   #1
Emmanuel75
Registered Member

Question TDS Creep

Ok, so today I was about to do another small water change as to continue to keep my parameters in check. I test my TDS from my RODI about every other week to make sure I'm not adding Phosphates into my system. My phosphates are at a .04. Due to a faulty API test kit, I didn't know that my Nitrates were at an alarming 25ppm (THANKS LFS)! So, my plan to gradually fix my numbers is to do small 6 gallon water changes daily until they are back in line then revert back to weekly 10%.

I tested my RODI water and it has crept up to 5ppm. I have only had my RODI unit for a month, however when I purchased the RODI it tested at 1ppm. All cartridges and resin was brand new, but I figured that 1ppm should not have been detrimental. I'm starting to suspect the TDS meter now because testing my tap water it gives an error message. However testing after membrane it tests at 23ppm, but after two stages of DI it tests at 5ppm? BTW it is a 6 stage Titan Water Pro RODI unit. I've checked the connections, flushed the membrane, I'm not sure what else to try. I don't have another meter or I'd try a different one incase this one is faulty.

Any other suggestions? I'd like to get my to my water changes but don't want to poison my system more in the process.