View Single Post
Unread 05/11/2017, 02:28 PM   #8
davocean
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekunda View Post
Are you guys using the sticky tabs and zip ties they suggest to use to keep them from falling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's not like they are just sliding off, like due to dirty glass or wrong spacer, it's like they are not in sinc, like the magnetic pull is reversed or something, so you turn them on, and like OP described, you hear a pop and they repel from each other in a semi violent manner that could actually damage your glass or dry side as it falls.
My dry side put a ding in my cabinet from this.
I was kinda glad to see this post because they made it seem like I was the only person that had this problem, and they especially made me feel like it was me being stupid because I actually got 2 in a row that did this.

And yes, I understand many people are not having these issues, like I mentioned one brand new one has been perfectly fine, the other brand new one gave me issues.

I've had about a dozen vorts over the years, it's a great design, they are still my favorite pump, but there's some bad wet sides floating around, perhaps a faulty batch, these things happen, but I wish they would step up on customer service for those having issues, and people should speak up so they are aware this is not an isolated case or user error as they are really pushing the blame on.

Current Tank Info: SCA 120g RR Starfire, Tunze silence 1073.02 return, 40g sump w/ fuge, SWC Extreme 160 cone skimmer,Geismann reflexx 4xT5, 2x Panorama Pro LED strips, Vortech MP40QD
davocean is offline   Reply With Quote