View Single Post
Unread 07/26/2011, 09:05 PM   #123
Finsky
Registered Member

I have restocked my tank after a crash last August in my five year old tank.

I have two Rena XP4 canisters, two Hydor 8's, and one AquaMedic turboflotor multi-1000 protein skimmer.

The Hydor's and the protein skimmer were on a powerstrip and I forgot to turn it back on after feeding one evening. The two canisters were running the entire time and in the morning I had lost most of my fish and the concensus was oxygen deprivation.

I have now restocked with only reef safe fish and alot of corals I could not keep with angels. I do have a pair of yellow hawaiian tangs, two Pacific Blue Tangs, and one Powder Blue tang which are doing quite well with my Monday, Wednesday, Friday feeding. I turn off the canisters and unplug the protein skimmer and leave the Hydor 8's on while I feed the fish. Ocean Nutrition one and two flakes first. The I put cut up seaweed/freeze dried mysis/brine/bloodworms in a measuring cup and soak in Vita-Chem, Selcon, Kent Marine-C along with a bit of aquarium water. I then pour this in after the flakes are gone and wait until they eat all of this vitamin soaked food. I then turn the canisters back on when the food disappears only leaving the skimmer unplugged.

I add Kent Marine Phytoplex, Chromoplex, Zooplex, and Microvert.

I just had my 21 month old red rose bubble tip anmone divide into two 6 inch anemones form one 12 inch red rose bubble tip anemone. I also have a four and a half year pair of Tomato clowns laying eggs every week to two weeks.

The larger fish I entered last and they included two medium yellow hawaiian tangs three months ago. A five inch Powder Blue and a 3 1/2" and 5 1/2" Blue Tang were added a week ago. So far everyone is chowing down and maintaining quite the civility.

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef - 250 lbs of live rock, Rena XP4, two Hydor Koralia 3250s, Aqua-Medic Tuboflotor multi 1000 skimmer - Two 60" Marineland Reef Capable LEDs - 8 1/2 years
Finsky is offline   Reply With Quote