View Single Post
Unread 01/06/2016, 07:09 AM   #192
noy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxman7 View Post
Noy, I'm loving your thread and all your amazing finds! could you possibly pm who you purchased the monomyces and diaphanas from? I'd love to get some.

Regardless, Do you notice a significant size difference in T.Micranthas as opposed to other tubastreas? mine are more the size of dendros than other suns.
I live in canada - i got the monomyces from a canadian wholesale/retailer (bigshow frags). About a year ago they were being sold as Rhizo or baby Rhizos all over North America. The diaphana I got from another LFS (NAFB - North American Fish breeders). I don't think either one is setup to do exports. You best bet is to develop some relationship with local wholesalers/retailers to get them to order NPS corals for you - a lot of LFS don't bother because of low turnover and mortality rates. Wholesales often get very interesting stuff as part of a larger shipment - but most retailers (or sub-wholesalers) don't order those because its not economical. I'm fortunate in that we have a few LFS that do their own importing so there is often some NPS corals as part of a larger shipment.

The micranthas polyps can grow much bigger than "normal" coccinea's. Some species of Tubastraea (like faulknari) natural have very big polyps - these are very uncommon.

Quote:
Noy, you are much too busy to care for these new corals. I would be more than happy to take them off of your hands to help out. Just call.

noy is offline   Reply With Quote