View Single Post
Unread 05/28/2009, 10:55 AM   #25
jbanks
Lover of God's Creations

Thanks Rick!

Here are some pics of the aqua-scaping as of last night... I can't wait to get my lighting fixture so that I don't have to use my flash, which shows every smudge... Personally, I feel that I am void of any artistic qualities (LOL), so aqua-scaping is always a struggle for me. Here's what I've come up with so far..

I used about 120 pound of cooked rock.. My Rock came from my best friend Monte(RC member BBMCRAE) who took down his tank a few months ago... Between Monte with the Rock and my Buddy Alex who helped me with the plumbing, I saved a huge amount of dollars. Thanks Guys!!!! You are the BEST!

I also mounted both my vortechs, which are both currently on the left hand side. It's difficult to see them with the black background and without a lamp over the tank... Not sure yet if I'm going to keep both on one side... I already started thinking about supplementing them when the time comes with my Tunze 6010 and 6100 from my previous tank on a multi-controller if need be... It's always nice to have a backup plan or in some cases overkill in this hobby However, once the tank gets crowded, it may benefit from the additional flow.. we'll see how the Vortechs do first alone...

Next up is ordering some Brightwell products to help with the cycle..

Front view

Front to left side

Side view

Front to right side

Go ahead... Put the price on the bag. I don't have that problem any longer :)

Current Tank Info: 180g Custom rimless Starphire, 48 X10 ATI PM T5 fixture, Vortech MP40w X3 with battery Backup, Bubble King Super Marin 250, Geo 612 Calc reactor, Profilux stand-alone Doser, Neptune Apex controller, Ozotech Poseidon 200 ozone generator

Last edited by jbanks; 05/28/2009 at 11:07 AM.
jbanks is offline   Reply With Quote