View Single Post
Unread 12/28/2008, 11:28 AM   #1
J.R.L.
Moved On

J.R.L.'s 120 Build Thread

Up until now I've successfully kept a nice mixed reef in my 75g with very sub-par equipment. Nows the time for a nice upgrade. If you want some pics of my current setup, check out my latest FTS and random shots in the following link:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...readid=1537124

The goal of my new 120 is a mainly SPS dominated tank while still keeping some nice zoas and my large LPS colonies. I also like the look of a "two mountain" aquascape which is what i will be shooting for. Im also in the process of building my own stand and canopy from start to finish. Now on with the pics!

Brand New Oceanview RR 120

Reef Octopus Extreme 200 (next to my most sub-par piece of equipment)

Tunze 6060s for circulation (another nice upgrade from my Seio 820s)

Return pump is still to be determined (anyone have any good ideas or have one for sale?)

Like I said I have been building the stand and canopy for the past week or so and am almost finished with the stand (still need to stain) but haven't even started the canopy yet.

Here is where I am now with the stand. (Thanks a ton Will16 and marino420td for answering my question about the stand and for documenting your builds for people like myself to use as a guide.)

I still have a little bit left to finish such as a couple more pieces of moulding here and there but other than that it is almost done.

I have to go but will post pics of the entire build process up until now when i get back. Thanks for looking!

J.R.L. is offline   Reply With Quote