View Single Post
Unread 11/05/2018, 11:33 AM   #5274
travis32
Registered Member

I just got 3 Hydra 52s HD. That I'm trying to get operational. Anyone have issues connecting to their wireless. After an hour of trying to get the third light to connect as a slave (power cycling and resetting the wireless until it was visible to the parent.)

I'm getting 1 bar of signal between the parent and child. That's not even talking trying to get connected to my home wireless which it couldn't do. everytime I tried connecting the parent to my home wireless it would either connect, but then I couldn't connect to the parent over the home wireless. Constant connection timed out issues. Had to reset all three and do it from their private wireless network. Which still had problems seeing each light.

After around 1-2 hours of fiddling around and resetting the lights over and over, I finally got all three to operate as parent with 2 children. Then tried to configure them from the mobile app, but, it's responsiveness was a pain in the ***. It wouldn't respond right away or a the keyboard would stay up when I was trying to set the time and couldn't get it to go away right away. Finally I thought I got a schedule set, and submitted to the lights. They turned on, and stayed on. But... then they wouldn't turn off last night..

For what I paid for these lights, I would expect them to function..... I can't turn them on or off without using their private wireless. I was standing on a step stool with my phone with in inches of the lights and it showed 1 bar for the child LED that was maybe 3 feet away.

Would I be better off going through my old Apex WXM controller? Any other suggestions? I had to shut the outlets off for the LEds last night from my apex because they still hadn't turned off at 11:30 pm. Now I have to try to connect to their crap wireless again to try to configure them and hope the changes stick. It's a pain in the butt holding a phone over 300 gallons of salt water trying to configure an app with a touch screen on a connection that's sketchy at best....

If I'd have similar control from the WXM and more stable control? Then maybe do that? Not sure what to do?

travis32 is offline   Reply With Quote