View Single Post
Unread 09/02/2018, 12:19 PM   #10778
moonphaz
Registered Member

New-ish

I have come to this site for several years when I had questions, but never formally took part. We had a reef tank, had trouble so changed to fresh water and didn't like it so went back to reef tank. We have had our reef tank up and running now for about 3 months with all water perimeters staying perfect, soft corals (anthelia, torch, mushrooms, green & brownstar polyps, branched frogspawn all doing awesome & growing beautifully. We have a clean-up crew of 2 emerald crabs, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 astraea turbo & 2 nassarius snails, a Black/white with orange face clown, green clown goby & a bi-color blenny along with a few hitch-hiker brittle worms and mussels. All are doing well. We just got the starfish and I am concerned because I told the LFS that the tank was 3 mos old, but doing well with good levels/healthy tank and they said it would be o.k. He had gone to the top of the tank and is partially out of the water, which they said to be careful not to let air get to him after I acclimated him to our tank (drip acclimated for 1 hour) and put him in. I was careful not to touch him and didn't let him get any air, but now he is doing it himself. Should I be worried? What do I do?

moonphaz is offline   Reply With Quote