View Single Post
Unread 02/04/2018, 11:23 AM   #3
Bent
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
You are changing out a ridiculous amount of water each month. Softies like higher nutrients. If I had to guess, your system has too low of nutrient for that particular coral. While your Po4 and No3 are in balance, .03 Po4 is on the low side IMO. I’d slow down on water changes and let the No3 and Po4 come up a bit. 7ppm No3 and .07 Po4 might help. Also, your calcium levels are pretty high.

My tank has everything from softies, LPS and SPS. All thriving and growing like weeds. It’s 700 gallons total volume. I change out 5 gallons a day. My Po4 is reugularly around .20 and nitrates around 20ppm. I have absolutely no algae issues and like I said, my corals all thrive.

I don’t see your photo.
I can’t get it to upload for some reason. I’ll try the desktop when I get home.

See, I don’t understand how some people can have numbers like that and no algae. When my po4 starts creeping over .08 the sand starts turning brown and I start getting turf algae. If I ran those numbers it would be a kelp forest in there. Lol.

Even when I started slacking on the water changes and started growing algae in the display, he still looked angry.

[QUOTE=CStrickland]Who gets mad at a starfish?[/QUOTE]

Current Tank Info: 75g DT, 30G refugium, 10g chaeto tank, 50g stock tank basement sump
Bent is offline   Reply With Quote