View Single Post
Unread 06/22/2018, 01:22 PM   #11
NorwayEagle
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
For the lid problem, if you contact Tunze Germany they will replace the housing for you. This was a problem on some of the first units and the gluing was changed. Be careful with muriatic acid, even very dilute it causes the plastic to swell, it may not be noticeable but the dimension change means in the future calcium builds up even faster from less cooling, the ceramic parts are OK with muriatic acid but the plastic is affected and the silicon can also be deformed.
So you think I can contact Tunze in Germany directly and ask for an exchange housing?
The unit is tight now with my gluing👍

As I wrote I used diluted acetic acid not muriatic, and I only used it on the pump and rotator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvitko View Post
Also, the main reason we recommend our media, but it can be any pure calcium carbonate media instead of coral skeleton media, is it is cleaner, less sediment to jam the pump and tubing. Knop media is also almost the same material as ours and some others, the coral skeletons become a mush in time and can cause channelling and jamming.
I see the point of using cleaner medias, so will use it from now on, but there were no visible residues I could see of the ARM media

Current Tank Info: 165 gallon mixed reef tank with RoyalExclusiv 45 gallon ECO Dreambox sump, BubbleKing DoubleCone 200 internal skimmer and Philips CoralCare Gen2 ligthing, Tunze Stream 3 circulation and KH controlled with an Alkatronic KH Controller and Dosetronic
NorwayEagle is offline   Reply With Quote