View Single Post
Unread 08/06/2020, 07:49 AM   #1
marc price
Registered Member

Wanted: Photo proof S. mertensii hosting A. percula in the wild

I found two references listing S. mertensii as one of the host anemones A. percula associates with:

Scott W Michael A Pocket Guide Marine Fishes list H. crispa (yet to find photo prof), H. magnifica and S. mertensii, no mention of S gigantea (I'd say he has the two Stichodactyla anemones confused).

Scott W Michael Damselfishes & Anemonefishes list H. magnifica, H. crispa, S. mertensii and S. gigantea. Going on to say in lagoons usually with S. mertensii, outer reefs often with H. magnifica. (Again I'd think he has S. mertensii confused with S. gigantea).

The only other reference I found Animal Diversity Web U of Michigan Museum of Zoology list H. magnifica, S.gigantea and S. mertensii https://animaldiversity.org/accounts...prion_percula/

So whats what? Please post photo proof taken in the wild, no aquarium photos please, thank you.

Interested as I recently purchased S. mertensii and the one A. percula which went into S. gigantea within 15 minutes of introduction, and H. magnifica within an hour of introduction has yet to go near the S. mertensii in the three week's since the anemone was added to the A. percula's aquarium. (I'd post pic's but Photo Bucket became a pay trap so no pix until RC updates the websites photo upload/attachments options).

marc price is offline   Reply With Quote