Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 05/17/2019, 11:44 AM   #876
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Thanks Dawn! I'm glad you like the rock work. Hopefully I can leave it alone! I really appreciate your comment on the lack of the fake mangrove root. I don't miss it either. I think the sand bar and patch reef combo provides enough interest and variation to make up for the loss. I am enjoying the colors as well. I was surprised how much I like the combinations of color in both green and red areas. It would be easy to allow the reds and greens to mingle more, but I think keeping them separate (mostly) will look really nice, as the plants mature.

I haven't named any mollies. Probably because I think of them as 'temps'. The ones I have now are the 3rd or fourth generation of offspring from the originals I bought when I had the Look Downs in v1. I'm not crazy about the way they look in a marine tank, but when I see them eating algae, I'm reminded why I like them so much. Like cucumbers or serpent stars, they're not much to look at, but their utility is hard to beat. They'll likely be moved down to the QTs in the near future. The female is pregnant, so I might wait for her to give birth beforehand, because I like having a school of tiny fish. We'll see.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote