View Single Post
Unread 03/22/2018, 06:58 AM   #4
MyHouseIsAZoo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayareareefer18 View Post
I am doing the exact same thing. Have a 75 that I drilled. Built a stand and a sump out of a 40B. Also using the dual 48" ic pros with two of the 1050 gph eflux. Will definitely follow along with your build as I go through mine
We haven't figured out the wavemakers yet, but I'm definitely thinking we will go with something that is compatible with the loop system for the lights. To be honest, I don't fully understand the wavemakers and what their purpose is. There are days I start researching for the tank and get so overwhelmed with information!

Do you have a tank build thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayareareefer18 View Post
That tank doesn't appear to have an overflow. Do you plan on drilling it? I thought of the HOB style overflow but the fear of malfunction is just too scary. Much more than the drilling process of the tank.

For the sump I had previously built this sump for a discus tank. I had all the baffles cut at tap plastics to my specs. Now that I switched to reef I tossed all that and ordered a Fiji cube baffle kit for the 40b. I love the baffle kit. Came with the baffles, filter socks and sock silencers
We are planning on drilling it. Terrifies me because I can't help by think about it not working and losing the entire tank because of it. That is a nice baffle kit! I'm looking at THIS kit. Just need to measure out our tank to make sure it will fit.

MyHouseIsAZoo is offline   Reply With Quote