View Single Post
Unread 04/06/2017, 02:47 PM   #1
Blitzer
Registered Member

TBS The Package to San Francisco

Ordered the Package last week. It got shipped to SFO via Southwest, and there was a slight delay which meant it arrived after the cargo office closed... so it sat in their warehouse overnight. Picked it up first thing Monday morning, got it all home, and opened it all up. Everything smelled fine, but found some dead crabs (various types, looked like a few porcelain, few stone crabs, and not sure about the others), as well as a two dead pistol shrimp

For the 2nd part of the shipment, will make sure I can get same day no matter what. Until then, fingers crossed that the reason the rock wasn't smelly was that everything had only just died...

Monitoring Ammonia (NH3) levels for the time being:
Day 0: 0
Day 1: .3
Day 2: .8
Day 3: 1.0 (10% water change performed after reading)
Day 4: today, will check again tonight

Been hearing some popping noises, but haven't spotted any culprits yet... quite a few snails, hermit crabs, and what looks like a very small whelk. Loads of great red, orange, and blue sponges and what looks like small brain corals and cup corals. Hundreds of small feather dusters, not sure if babies or what, but literally hundreds of them no bigger than .25-.5cm. Also a few anemones. I notice more things every time I study the rock, amazing the diversity of life!

Here's a photo after I put it all in the tank. Will do some scaping once things settle down:

Blitzer is offline   Reply With Quote