View Single Post
Unread 08/29/2006, 10:52 PM   #251
melev
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoom
I have some Iodine solution , you think that will work, i just need to be sure.

All of my SPS are encrusted on a large LR's so it is almost impassible to get them out but i will try to pull one out and try.
Iodine should be fine. If it is by Kent, you may new to use more.

Lugol's is very dense. Years ago, I put one drop in my 29g, and all was well. I thought 'ah, what the heck, I'll add one more for good measure...' My clownfish suddenly started gasping, and I stood there frozen in horror. It took about 10 minutes for things to settle down, and I really couldn't do anything to fix the disaster I'd created. Fortunately nothing bad happened. I just respect the nature of this particular product, and don't use it liberally.

The water in the bowl doesn't have to change color. A few drops of Lugol's doesn't make the water look any different, but if you have any amphipods or serpent starfish, they should start to really move. That would be the right amount to see if you have any AEFW.

Just pull out an acropora species that is reasonably handy. A. valida is the favorite. If you have a sickly one, I'd focus on that one in particular for this test.

melev is offline   Reply With Quote