Thread: Solomon Percula
View Single Post
Unread 07/15/2019, 02:18 AM   #145
ThRoewer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
I am very interested in how pair number 3 changes. Have they recover the black as the Gigantea recover?

My experience with Magnifica, one Onyx pair completely lost their back in a Magnifica, then recovered all their black in the same Magnifica after 6 months. It was pretty drastic. I have it on a thread somewhere her many years ago.

I don't know the health of the anemone have anything to do with it. I did not think the Magnifica was unhealthy anytime during this this strange color change.
They never recovered the "onyx" black despite being with no other anemone than gigantea. I have them now with my 3 new giganteas (the blue and purple ones from AC and the bleached tan one from LA). Before that I had them with another purple.

The interesting thing is that pair 2 got a lot more black after I gave them the large purple crispa. Though a lot of the female's body orange turned into a washed-out brown.

Current Tank Info: 200 gal 4 tank system (40x28x24 + 40B + 40B sump tank + 20g refugium) + 30x18x18 mixed reef + 20g East Pacific biotop + 20g FW +...
ThRoewer is offline   Reply With Quote