View Single Post
Unread 04/16/2018, 10:28 AM   #6657
Bpb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MccReefer View Post
I wouldn’t mind the 6500k look if it has better results.

For the other two I’m running ati true actinic for dusk/dawn along with the reefbrite xho. I don’t know if itd be worth running those along with the other 4.

I’d like to keep the fixture as close to the water as possible for my reefbrite.

With that setup I’d run 3 blue+, 2-6500k, 1 true actinic, and the reefbrite. I’d actually put the 6500k bulbs on the 2 channel setting you’re using now for your actinics and use that as your daytime peak of roughly 4-5 hours and have actinic viewing for the rest

The conventional wisdom that your dawn dusk blues are for visual appeal only and that your growing power is in the daylight bulbs has been fairly well debunked. You can have a 10-12 hour photoperiod of blue+ and actinic and that will provide all the growing power you need and the reef brite will show it off. Your white channel in the middle will definitely HELP with growth some, but the biggest difference will be in developing a full range of color pigments you would miss out on with shallow water corals if you skip the white. It’ll improve your actinic colors, despite having a less fluorescent presentation while they’re on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpb is offline   Reply With Quote