View Single Post
Unread 04/16/2018, 12:18 PM   #6666
MccReefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpb View Post
To me the 6500k bulbs have their own flavor honestly. Good bad or indifferent they’re just another overall vibe of viewing a tank. It’ll look a lot more natural. Again. The point to me in using them is pigment development that will show better when viewed under blues. You may not enjoy the look while they’re on. Which is why I do a shorter photoperiod.

Right now I run 4 blue+, 2 purple+, 1 true actinic, 1 6500k. But I have no led supplements.

In the future on my next tank (which I have, it’s just not set up) I will run 4 blue+, 2 6500k, and 2 purple+, as well as 2 SBReef SBAR blue actinic led strips.

I previously ran 2 6500k bulbs. I didn’t hate it but I didn’t like the look as well since I don’t currently run LEDs. Swapping one out for a purple+ has allowed me to keep those wavelengths present, though not as heavy, and has helped with the displaying of color.

Again. Running led supplements changes the formula though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That was my main reason for wanting to run the 6500k. I’d like to bring out all the pigment (plus growth) in the coral for viewing under blues. Would the Ati Coral + produce the same results as the 6500k bulbs?

I’ll probably cut down on the reefbrites.

MccReefer is offline   Reply With Quote