View Single Post
Unread 03/21/2012, 12:03 PM   #329
MammothReefer
Registered Member

I'm not going to get into a big fight here that's not the point of RC, but feel free to bash me all you want.

I wasn't lurking around waiting for an I told you so, and I'm not some cyber-reefer. I've been a member of this community for a long time, I've posted my tanks, my success, my failures, and my experiences as have MANY of the other posters in this thread. We as a community came to together and tried to reason with Galleon via the sum of our experiences and were dismissed, and rudely I might ad, mocked by him and his friends, give the brush off as simple trolls.

I didn't have to read the blog post (which I have now) to figure out what happened. I had a tank setup in a very similar fashion, and while the trigger point may have been different the RESULT was the same.

I'm not saying I never made a mistake trust me I've made plenty. Nobody here is saying they never made mistakes. The difference is when I make a post on a community and that community comes together and offers me suggestions on how I can improve. I listen. I show respect and kindness to those who were willing to take the time to try to help. Some peoples posts I look at shake my head and move on, others contemplate, and some I take to heart. Either way I thank them all same.

This was not a "thriving" reef. It was a 2 month old non cycled tank, filled with acropora and new pieces constantly from the wild, without proper means of biological filtration and never given enough time to settle in. He then goes and adds a MASSIVE carbon source to the tank which in turns causes a bacteria bloom, which is then consumed by algae turning the water green. Am I wrong?

He then goes and does a 100% water change which while fixing the problem in the shorty term is simply going to reset everything again for the future.

Simply adding more rock from the start, letter the tank cycle and taking things slow as every body suggested and he could have avoided this whole situation. He would have had a much more stable system which would have made such drastic measures unnecessary.

Allmost, Jack. I understand Chris is your friend but HONESTLY would you setup a tank in a similar manner and expect different results?

Current Tank Info: 105 Peninsula
MammothReefer is offline   Reply With Quote