View Single Post
Unread 08/19/2018, 07:11 AM   #5994
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrots View Post
jmm I have a regal in a tank with a larger purple tang. The tang was in the tank first. The angel always tries to stay away from the same area as the tang. The tang is a much more aggressive eater and I have learned that I have to spread out the food over the tank vs. just feeding in a corner so the angel gets fed. I don't have butterflies but if they are anything like tangs we may need to work towards a tank with more peaceful tank mates. I am close to the point of re-homing the tang. Just so I can see the angel more.
Given a little time the Regal will be fine. When I added my Baby Regal he have to use my carpets as refuge against the tangs. Given a little time he was just one of the boys, smallest of them but the tangs leaves him alone.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote