View Single Post
Unread 01/16/2009, 06:20 PM   #997
The Grim Reefer
Ready for some NOBALL!!!

I'd do the 48" lamps. Better lamp selection and the shipping cost for replacement lamps is a lot better.

Quote:
Originally posted by rstriby
sorry quick question

was that 48 inch or 60 inch bulbs.

hey Grim

the tank I am setting up is 60L x 18Wx 24. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to keep but I want clams to be an option. I have been looking at reef geeks for retro kits. due to space limitations I can only have 6 lights.

My question is do I need to get 60'' bulbs or can I use 48''

I have been looking at the icecap retro's. Do I have to overdrive them or is HO enough.

If I have to overdrive them I have a question about the cooling. would 2 4inch icecap fans blowing from the back of the canopy in (down the caps) be enough. or do i need more than that. The back of the canopy will be open.

last question
can you give me the best bulb config. I would like it to look bright with a blue tint. enough to make the fish and corals pop. as well as healthy for sps corals and possibly a clam

Thanks for all your time and info. This is a great thread
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd do 4 lamps overdriven and 2 normally driven The IC fans at each end are fine

Front
ATI Blue Plus Normally driven
UVL 75/25
GE 6500K Daylight
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue Plus Normally driven

Current Tank Info: 120 Starphire with Illudium Q-288 Photon Regurgitator DIY LED lighting