View Single Post
Unread 04/06/2002, 04:14 PM   #20
Ermin
Registered Member

Snailman,
I asked you about wiring up two float switches for top-off couple of weeks ago. It worked great! I didn't have the chance to thank you on the other post, so I'm going to say thanks here!

And yes, the AGM battery I've found are deep discharge like marine battery. Accumulation of hydrogen to cause explosion.....if the room is moderatly ventilated daily, would that be a problem? Basically how much fume does it take to BOOM? Also is hydrogen deadly when inhaled? This is more of a concern than explosion to me.

Bob,
I'm planning to just a 750ma charger to charge and maintain the battery. It switches to float charge automatically when the battery is almost full. I'm assuming charger capable of boiling a battery outputs at least, at 2A?

"Is it true to assume the battery will produce fumes regardless of charging amperage. Significant fumes is ONLY produced when the battery is overcharged and is thus boiling? Battery charged at low amperage produce negligible fumes?"

Thanks for you help. This will really make a big difference to the total price and amount of backup time I'll get depending on the battery I use.

Ermin is offline   Reply With Quote