View Single Post
Unread 07/03/2012, 01:35 AM   #117
Kenfuzed
Registered Member

I started using this PO4 x-port product a few days ago to see if it will maintain or better, reduce my levels. My GFO was exhausted so I emptied the reactor and filled with x-port cubes. I followed the instructions though the part about adding to a bucket of tank water was really vague... just like so many other products out there. So after rinsing, and rinsing, and rinsing, and rinsing some more, I added to my reactor. WOW this stuff too a lot of rinsing. Then I ran more tank water through the reactor slowly until it ran clear, approximately 3 gallons of tank water.

My PO4 had climbed to 0.12 at the time the GFO became exhausted and 3 days after starting this new product that number is holding steady. It is too soon to tell but at least PO4 levels are not climbing as it would if I were not using anything at all. I'm going very slow and only starting with approx 1 cup of media in my reactor. I will let it run a week and then slowly increase the amount of media. I'm still skeptical and ready to start up GFO again at any time just in case.

In between tanks.

Current Tank Info: Recently moved, will have a new tank up soon.
Kenfuzed is offline   Reply With Quote