Thread: Petco Gigantea
View Single Post
Unread 09/06/2013, 06:07 PM   #26
OrionN
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm5406 View Post
Glad they are doing good, and you caught the other one.

In hindsight of your problems a long while ago, would it be best to now TT all three of them? Worrying that whatever the bad one is putting off will make the other two get the same problem?

I know that happened before on your tank. (?? right??)
IMO, when a sick anemone deflated, he purge and dump all the bad stuff out into the water, bacteria and what have you. Healthy anemone then take these nasty stuff in and get sick.

In this case, as soon as I see the anemone start to deflates, I add antibiotic right away. Hope this will keep the healthy ones from getting sick. I imagine that I can take the healthy anemones out, they would be fine. I just make sure that I won't transfer any of the water to the QT. And will not expose any of my healthy anemones to the possible sick ones.

I did not have the time and have decided to keep all three in the TT and treat them all. Will see if the two non deflating anemones continue to do well, I will move him/them to QT sometime this weekend. The sick one will get a full 7 days treatment course.

Of course all of this plan assuming that they response great to the antibiotic treatment and will all do well.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote