View Single Post
Unread 02/14/2018, 08:01 PM   #36
vlangel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsea View Post
Did you mention if Red Titan attached to rock or substrate. I do recal you saying that it grew very fast. Is it slippery to the touch like Halymenia?

I have not been able to post pictures to this site, but I will link you to what I have. It is a very fast grower, does not attach and is very slippery to the touch.

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/...=497+3752+3551

I do not feel the picture is representative of what is sold. The Dragon’s Tongue I received from two separate sources in Florida is more open with the foliage showing the alternating colors of red that make it so attractive. I don’t know why that picture was selected, to me it is unattractive compared to what I grew out.
The red titan attaches to everything, rock included. Not necessarily where you want it to however. Right now there is a piece attached to the overflow, and pieces attached to the clamp that holds the tunze powerhead. Ha ha, there is even red titan growing on one of my trocus snails. It is easily enough removed, not that it will stay gone! I have never seen it attached to the substrate however.

O wow Patrick, that is nothing like what I call dragon's breath but then maybe dragon's tongue and dragon's breath are 2 different algaes. My dragon's breath also does not attach, is red with orange tips where the light is strongest and is not slippery.

vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote