Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 10/01/2019, 06:08 AM   #1090
Chasmodes
Registered Member

Yes, I kept a Herald's angel many years ago and it was very hardy. It ate everything that I gave it to eat, not picky at all. It even ate flakes when I went on vacation. I think if you can get it to eat food that you introduce into the tank, it shouldn't have a huge effect on the overall balance of your tank. It may graze a little bit, but a full belly will keep it from grazing too much, I suspect.

This was way before ordering fish on-line, so whatever the LFS had to choose from, that's what you had to choose from. I was hoping for a lemon peel angelfish, but decided on the Herald's because I needed a splash of yellow in my tank. I'm glad that I chose that fish, because it got along well with everything, and, as it turns out is quite beautiful. The faint orange and green pastel markings on the fins and tail look like an artist's fine detail. They're a beautiful fish. I think it would look wonderful in your tank.

--Kevin Wilson

Current Tank Info: 101g 3'X3'X18" Cubish Oyster Reef Blenny tank, 36"X17"X18" sump
Chasmodes is offline   Reply With Quote