View Single Post
Unread 09/12/2017, 06:25 PM   #1
Half Vaped
Registered Member

Okay to feed Bloodworms everyday?

I've been feeding Bloodworms to my freshwater tanks everyday for forever. And to my reef tanks about once every week or two, mixed with Mysis, Brine, LRS Frenzy and other frozen goodies.

Recently, I noticed that my Magma Fairy Wrasse really loves Bloodworms, so I've been adding it about every other day. Whenever I have Bloodworms in the mix, my Magma goes after only the Bloodworms and ignores all the other food. My other Wrasses either ignore the Bloodworms or eat some of it along with the frozen mix.

Now, on days I don't feed Bloodworms, my Magma waits a bit to see if any Bloodworms are coming before reluctantly going after the other foods.

I've read mixed thoughts on whether or not feeding Bloodworms daily is an issue. Most seem to agree that it's best to only feed them part of the time. Does anyone have any actual experience of including Bloodworms as part of a daily diet for long term (several years)?

I want to keep my Magma fat and happy, but I don't want to make it sick if it decides to eat only Bloodworms from now on. I also have Anthias and Tangs that I think might be affected by too much Bloodworms.

Half Vaped is offline   Reply With Quote