View Single Post
Unread 11/13/2017, 05:17 AM   #4930
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

AI Hydra Settings Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic View Post
Just took some PAR readings with my AI Hydra 52 HD, with the SPS AB+ high power (w/ peaks) program that Orcus had posted, with one modification. I increased the whites by a lot (probably bumped them up to twice as much as the baseline).

I have no corals (yet), and just anemones. The H. Magnifica is getting toasted with over 400! It hasn't moved from the pedestal rock I made for it, and the lighting probably has a lot to do with it. When I introduced it to the tank, I put it right where it is today, and it hasn't moved since.

The BTAs I'm guessing are pretty happy. The flow is a bit strong for them, but light seems to be enough.

My whites are bumped high because I subjectively like the aesthetics of the lights to be less blue. Still plenty of color and coolness to the tank, but my home office still looks nice.

When I get SPS, I'm going to probably have to modify the whites... since they may just totally burn the SPS up. Or do you guys think they'll be fine with slow acclimation?

I have unfortunately never been able to acclimate sps to more then 24-25% whites even with a slow acclimation. The Cree XP2 Cool White diodes are very hard on sps for some reason. I like you much prefer a color temp closer to 10k, the way I achieved this was by adding some Geissmann tropic 6500k & ATI Coral Plus t5 supplements.

By the way you have a darn nice setup, looks fantastic. I can’t wait to see that mag literally take up the entire tank!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote