View Single Post
Unread 03/08/2018, 12:57 AM   #5
Overgrown
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
This skimmer will handle what ever you can throw at it in that size tank. I certainly wouldn’t suggest larger. I run an SM250 on my 500 gallon display (700 gallon system) that has a LOT of fish. I think you’re going to love that skimmer. Set it at 30 watts to start and let it break in. You’re going to need to run it a bit wet until you start building your load. After breakin, set the level where bubbles turn to foam about 1/2” above the white collar where the neck attaches to the body using the wedge pipe. That should keep you reasonably consistent. The sweet spot for the pump on your system will likely be between 28 and 32 watts. Use the pump speed to get the most dense foam you can and use the wedge pipe to tune the skimmate production to you’re liking realizing that your skimmer can only remove the DOC’s that are there. With only a handful of fish, you’re not going to have much in that size display until you start building the load.

Drop me a line next time you’re out here! You’re welcome to come by anytime and check out my setup!
Thanks man, would be stoked to come check out your setup and gain more of your knowledge on this skimmer. I was kidding by the way, I’m out there fairly often.

Overgrown is offline   Reply With Quote