View Single Post
Unread 10/26/2011, 12:12 AM   #83
N728NY
Registered Member

Hey Guys,

Just chiming in to say I really hope this thread keeps going! Lots of good info. I'm still pretty new to keeping a reef tank. I have been running a scrubber with my skimmer for the past three months. Before then I could never get my nitrates below 15, and since I added my scrubber I never been able to detect any nitrates, even after feeding twice as much.

As I said I'm still new so correct me if I'm wrong. However to my understanding on what I have read, in nsw corals have a constant food source of live plankton, and other "goodies" that we don't dare to keep throwing in our tank as it would completely mess up all the levels in our tank. Also to my understanding ATS remove all of the nutrients or in our case "pollutants" from putting these things in our tank. I have been wondering if it would be possible to run a large enough turf scrubber to the point where you could keep a small constant source of food for corals and fish to feast on thus resulting in faster coral growth? Sorry if this is way to far fetched and can't be done, but just an idea I had thought of from all the hours upon hours of reading I have been doing on reef central in the past 10 months lol.

N728NY is offline   Reply With Quote