hi
slief

update on skimmer after one week
my Total display tanks are 745 litres display and frag tank
total fish stock at present 37 fish tangs, angels, wrasses , clowns
mainly SPS.
Display Pic
Attachment 340607
skimmer in water depth of 22.5cm max i can do in my sump.
see photo of skimmer one week running at 30w wedge pipe at 1/3 to 1/2 closed
Attachment 340606

skimate is dark and grubby in the neck
want to try for little wetter, will try at 32 with wedge pipe closed at 2 line from fully open,
not sure if skimmer is broke in yet.
It won't hurt to bump the flow up but that skimmer looks like it's working great based on the skimmate. Running wetter won't really remove any more waste from the water. It will just produce lighter colored skimmate and remove more water from the system. You will also decrease the contact time slightly which will result in the skimmer not being as efficient in remove the waste meaning that the water will potentially have to pass through the skimmer more times to remove the organics. Then again, experimenting is part of learning the skimmer so you know how well these settings work now, adjusting it a bit higher and even a bit lower (will necessitate closing the wedge pipe a bit more) will help you better understand your skimmer as well as help you in finding your sweet spot.

Please report back so we can and let us know how it works and post some more pictures so we see your results.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote